An award? For writing out my guts? What is this? =)
Thank you so much to DT Osborne for nominating me!
I’ve seen many different sets of rules for this award, but to keep it simple: If nominated, you write a post thanking the person who nominated you. Then you answer their questions, make some questions of your own (which you can answer for yourself or not) for the people you nominate, and then nominate more people for the award. You should also tell the people you nominated that you nominated them. Because if you don’t, well, I don’t know. Okay lets get started.
Questions I’ve Been Given:
1. Other than God, who most inspired you to begin blogging and how did they do it?
Sarah Thebarge definitely inspired me a lot. She’s an amazing woman who survived breast cancer and served as a medical missionary in Togo and wrote a book called The Invisible Girls. Reading about the amazing things God has done in her life made me want to start a blog to document God’s work in my life as well.
But nobody told me to start a blog. I just realized that I was journaling way too much and figured it would be nice to put my writing online rather than continuing to kill trees. I guess my mentors inspired me, because it became easier to write about something and simply send it to people instead of telling the same story over and over again. I started blogging for me, which is why I can’t believe people read it.
So, Sarah inspired me to begin blogging through her book, but it was only recently that I decided I wanted to allow my writing to be read.
2. Is there any other period of history you would like to have lived in?
I am a millennial all the way. Everything for me is a touch screen and I can’t live without my phone. So, no, there isn’t another period of history I would like to live in because I think I would die in any other period. Although the renaissance would be cool. =)
3. Other than the Bible, what book has most influenced your life?
Divergent. I strive to be as brave as Tris Prior, and I love how the book delineates her growth in learning what it truly means to love.
4. What is your favorite Christmas movie, book or work of art?
If a song counts as a work of art, this one is my favorite.
5. If you were blessed with a miracle gift of 1 million dollars, what would you do first?
I’d buy a giant poodle. And then save the world.
Questions For Nominees:
Okay. Lets do this.
- What are 3 posts on your blog that mean a lot to you?
- What is your favorite animal?
- Biggest pet peeve.
- Name a song that you can listen to over and over again.
- Favorite thing about blogging?
- Share something you love about yourself.
- What is something you wish more people knew?
- Where do you get your inspiration to write?
- Share a vision you have for your future you.
- Tell me 3 things you are grateful for.
I’ll answer them too.
- 3 posts that mean a lot to me: Surrender, Everything Happens For a Reason, and He Takes Broken Things…
- Favorite animal: A walrus.
- Biggest pet peeve: When I see people getting left out of something.
- A song I listen to on repeat: Here as In Heaven by Elevation Worship
- Favorite thing about blogging: Being able to write whatever I want
- I love how emotional I am, though maybe not in the moment.
- I wish more people knew how worth it they were. If you are reading this, you are worth so much more than you could ever imagine and I wish you could see just exactly how beautiful God has made you.
- A lot of my blog posts are inspired by the messages I hear each week at my church because they’re so intriguing and writing about them allows me to wrestle with them. But the rest of my posts come from thoughts that come into my head in the car or really late at night or any other random time.
- A vision: I really want to write a book and give a Ted Talk one day.
- I am grateful for this laptop my dad got me for Christmas because it’s so perfect I named it Freddy and I seriously don’t deserve it. I’m grateful for spending time with my family, and all the random dogs I’ve pet on all these Christmas shopping excursions to find people gifts. I’m also super grateful for this award. =)
Who I am nominating:
- TR Noble
- A Fractured Faith Blog
- Emily Susanne
- Through Ink and Image
- Belle Unruh
- Sarah J Callen
- God’s Warrior
Thank you guys for sharing your lives on the internet. I think anyone willing to be real with what they’re going through in life is incredibly brave, and being willing to share it with the world is even braver. I’m very glad I’m not doing this alone, and am grateful for you all.
Also, one other thought. If you’ve thought about starting a blog and haven’t done so yet, maybe this is the perfect time. =)
Keep being you.